/* Google-analytics script*/

My Motivation

Things that give me strength and energy to work



- Process

- Impressions

- Goal

- Feedback


When I take up a new assignment, I have no idea what the outcome will be like – it is almost always a challenge. Some people can spend years upon years managing the same projects – something that would get me bored senseless. Nothing does more to kill my capacity for work than invariable routine operations. They are on the other extreme of what's interesting. When you have an interest in a job, the process never fails to give you pleasure and you find yourself living the process. While still not creativity in its pure form, it is no longer an exercise in routine milling of work time into a spate of products and services.

Along with interest come impressions created by the results of work. This is a very powerful element of self-motivation. If you invest your energy, it will eventually come back to you. The greater your understanding and personal contribution to the process, the greater the payback.

The goal is constantly in motion, like the horizon that you are moving toward. I dislike static goals that get closer with each passing day. What I see as a goal at the outset becomes merely a stage when I am halfway through; once this stage has been completed, it reveals the next goal. This constant motion is very motivational; otherwise, if I stop I get bored.

Life is a constant flow and an evolutionary process that does not tolerate long stopovers. I find it extremely difficult to be self-sufficient in all respects; nor do I consider such all-encompassing self-sufficiency to be necessary. The herartfelt interest that I take in the results of my work never fails to earn feedback from people for whom I do this work. If a job evokes no interest in me, I prefer not to take it. There are too many interesting things in this life to sell oneself short by doing something that gives no pleasure. Having the possibility to choose is very important.

0 comments.

Post a Comment

 

Popular this week

Fresh and essential