/* Google-analytics script*/

Corporate culture. Training

Training as part of work

I accept working in an office as an intrinsic part of life. The more time it takes during the course of a day, month, year, then the more use should be drawn from this process. In the other case this is an empty waste of time. 
In my first post dedicated to corporate culture I mention the necessity for comfortable personal space to become oneself. Today I want to write about training, i.e. to go further and expand my principle and understanding of the working process as it is for me and others who set themselves the aim of a conscious approach to one’s activities in life. 
According to the principle of development, people gain experience from any activity and each of us can make this process more active and dynamic if there is an aim – to seek something new. I have often noticed the peculiarity in myself that if I don’t apply effort in the completion of some task or other I often get bored of it and want to switch over to something “more interesting.” In a certain sense this trick is my own laziness and unwillingness to develop what had already been begun. It can be explained very simply: until that point when I reached my imaginary ‘ceiling’ – my knowledge, capabilities and skills were adequate for the job – everything was going swimmingly. But at the moment I hit ‘the wall’ I needed to initiate something. In this case the way to make a step forward would be to do something (every task has its own precise step at this moment) that would lead me to a new level of understanding and open new possibilities. 

It is amusing that this principle of development is reflected most widely in computer games, but most people prefer to keep on playing. 

In this way I can glance through the ‘wall’ and surmount it. If you don’t do this, then it is pointless completing the job and activity will naturally grind to a halt. The sense of this same aim to seek for something new in whatever you are engaged in comes down to searching inside, within the borders of your current activity, and even afterwards, if the quest has dried up, to start looking from the outside selecting a new or accompanying direction. In my work under a pseudonym I apply the word training as the most understood and illustrative description of the search process. If you need to climb over ‘the wall’ and learn, if you choose that activity or direction, where you really don’t want to go but you know deep down inside yourself that it’s useful. This state of mind is a true sign of which point you need to apply your effort. I use a similar principle when working with colleagues – some of them often get those tasks which enable them to spend their working time usefully, some should test to their heart’s content the fullness of their current activity in order to understand where they want to go next, while some can simply carry out a clearly defined set of tasks well – these are all important stages of individual training for each of them.

0 comments.

Post a Comment

 

Popular this week

Fresh and essential