/* Google-analytics script*/

Love to work

In my previous two posts I formulated the first two principles of whole-hearted management which I adhere to in my work. They are connected with the impressions that clients receive, and with my responsibilities. Today, I would like to share a third principle. In just two words they are – ease and simplicity


Whatever we refer to our work is reflected in its execution. I’m not just talking about “quality” here as a measure of client satisfaction and correlation to their expectations. In my view this is the shell or cover of what lies deeper. For me quality has another slightly different meaning. It’s how I relate to the task that I’m doing. The more I’m submerged in it, then the more I can offer and the more interested I become that my knowledge and experience are accessible and expressed to their full in the result. For example, you can have excellent sales skills, can generate interest, convince and find an approach to suit the client thanks to your personal qualities, but without precise knowledge about what you’re selling or teaching it is impossible to offer the client easily and sincerely something that they can’t refuse because in this instance you have a chance to sell him a dream, not just a pretty picture or idea. That said you don’t have to be a miracle mechanic and know a machine inside out, for example, to sell it, but you have to love driving... This is the same in any business, including management. 

Ease comes about when there’s an understanding of “how, “why” and “what for.” When you live and breathe what you’re doing then it brings joy in the process as much as the result.

Simplicity – this is the shortest route from idea to result. An analogy with breathing always comes into my head – what can be easier than breathing? Any process, project or action has its shortest route and it is very important to find it. And this path always passes through the person themselves. I, for example, am frequently worried by thoughts, doubts and questions but when something finally happens it is like breathing-in. 
In order to reach this end path one should be interested not just in the final aim, but in the processing of achieving it – in the answer to the question, in solving the problem, in setting the task... This also relates to how you communicate. Here directness is simplest and most understood. You often forget about this when trying to say it nicely... But the simplest answer is a straight answer.

0 comments.

Post a Comment

 

Popular this week

Fresh and essential